Increasing the efficiency of healthcare today is extremely acute. What is it connected with? Perhaps innovations in biology, chemistry or medicine. It can also be more complex and precise lab equipment. What is sure, rapid development of new software and technologies make a significant impact on how today's healthcare operates.
Technology has grown deep into our ecosystem. It literally follows in every aspect of our life, starting with picking the optimal route to the office or ordering a food delivery. Software makes our lives easier and more efficient, because it was originally designed to do so. The only issue is how to pick the right software?
We conducted a research to define most common struggles that every manager or business owner faces when choosing software to satisfy business requirements.
- Uncommon problem in the form of medical of lab equipment, metrics or process automatisation that requires a unique solution and cannot be satisfied by existing apps.
- Insufficient information about software characteristics that makes it hard to find out the real quality of the software offered on the market and its compatibility with your current systems.
- Lack of clear selection criteria that also leads to a waste of time or at the worst case paying for something that doesn’t satisfy your needs. It’s often hard to define what exactly you are looking for without specific technical knowledge.
- Missing common software evaluation practices when it comes to making a final decision. A comprehensive analysis of different systems must be conducted as well as taking into consideration all the rational factors to avoid a critical financial impact.
There are even more issues when it comes to software, such as estimating the cost of development, acquisition, installation, integration and further support for medical institutions or labs. It is crucial to evaluate the possible benefits, losses and other risks of the project at the earliest stages, which will help to define the best possible solutions, evaluate and prevent negative outcomes.
There are two options. The first one is giving preference to existing off-the-shelf solutions. This would be an optimal option if you are just starting and don’t have any specific uncommon struggles. Usually, off-the-shelf solutions are just enough to meet the basic needs of small medical unit or primitive lab. However, if you passed that stage, it won’t be able to satisfy your requirements in full.
The second option is developing your own, personalized custom software to solve the exact issue you are facing. This in the long run will benefit your healthcare business by giving extra flexibility and security and be compatible with your systems. As it is designed to solve your particular task, it will allow you to automate processes and increase overall efficiency.
Here are our top 7 reasons why you should develop custom software for your medical unit or lab
With a custom solution you can design specific features that will to solve your business problems in the most efficient way. For example, develop software that is compatible with all your specific medical equipment or even create automated reports and status updates on equipment, employees or inventory.
- Competitive advantage at the software level
Having the right software will allow you to become stronger and more resistant in the modern aggressive environment while increasing your commercial value. You can easily automate your document flow, setup enhanced monitoring of various metrics such as health measurements or equipment or amortisation status. Moreover you can develop customised software for every clinic or lab you have within your chain with its specific requirements.
- Easy scaling