Mobile apps development costs are one of the main concerns of business owners around the world today. It is directly related to the market’s saturation with a large number of mobile devices available for a wider audience. A genuinely competitive mobile application should be technically high-quality and actually solve the problems of potential users.
In this article, we will talk about how much does it cost to make an app and also:
- what affects mobile apps development costs
- why is the average cost of app development worldwide differs
- what to take into account when calculating the cost to develop an app
How much does it cost to make an app: what affects mobile apps development costs
Four main components affect mobile apps development costs, mainly:
- Experience, location and size of the software development team
- The complexity of the future application
- The operating system of the app
- UX/UI specifics
You should take these aspects into account when calculating the cost of app development.
Let’s see them in detail.
How much does it cost to make an app: why is the average cost of app development worldwide differs
The average cost of app development worldwide differs because developers and designers’ hourly rates depend on the region and have a fairly wide range of prices.
- Traditionally, North America and Canada developers are more expensive as their hourly rate ranges from $50 to $250.
- European specialists costs vary from $20 to $175.
- More or less, the exact fee is paid to Australian developers ($50 to $150).
- Probably the cheapest rate is offered by Indian developers. Price varies from $10 to $80 per hour.
TIP. Selecting a company based on an attractive price of app development only will not be entirely justified. Be sure to:
- pay attention to the experience
- get acquainted with the portfolio
- find out whether the potential software partner specialises in solutions for your business
- do not forget about time zones and cultural difference
How the features and specifics related to mobile apps development costs
The cost to build an app depends on the app complexity and functionality. The longer it takes to make an app, the higher the cost. Let's review a basic and simplified model of mobile apps development costs, taking $50 as an average hourly rate.
How OS selection related to mobile apps development costs
The cost to make an app varies by platform. To decide what type of application to choose - native or hybrid, you need to understand each characteristic feature.
When you make an app for both Android and iOS, it requires more time and money upfront. Let’s take a closer look at the average hourly rate in different countries and regions.
Android/iOS App Development Price Range by Location*
ref: Business of Apps
* The numbers are average and can vary depending on different factors: the company, experience, timeframe, complexity of the project, etc.
How UX / UI specifics affect the cost to build an app
Design is a crucial stage of application development. It is what your users will see and interact with. UX / UI design should successfully combine 2 aspects:
- ease of use
- appearance in any user interface
TTheUX / UI designer's work defines if the user likes the application or not, can easily interact with it and complete targeted actions.
The design of mobile applications is directly related to the programming and development capabilities. The triune components of success are:
- user experience
- good design
- advanced development capabilities
The cost to develop an app depends on custom design. In turn, the design’s price varies depending on the number of screens and image orientations (portrait, landscape).
UX designers salary Range by Location*
The most important things to remember when calculating the cost to make an app
1. Think about the users when calculating the cost to develop an app
If you really want not to waste mobile apps development costs and make the app that will become deservedly popular, you should consider it must be in your target audience area of interest.
No matter how well the code was written and the design was excellent, if the consumer does not get a solution to his problem, the application is going to be useless to him.
When creating a new software solution, you will receive a lot of advantages using the Proof of Concept approach. This way, you can get early feedback from users and weed out irrelevant ideas.
2. Mobile apps development costs mean the right team
Take responsibility for the choice of the development team. Analyze the price offers in your chosen region, review the portfolios, and not forget about other criteria that matter during cooperation. Concentrate on the best combination of price, experience, and professional qualities.
3. Details matter for the cost to develop an app
Try to discuss the features of future projects in as much detail as possible. Precise Software Requirement Documentation will make it much easier to estimate and develop in the future.
4. To estimate the right cost to build an app think over the design
Think carefully and convey to the specialist your preferences in the design of your mobile application.
Remember that all our data is based on average statistics to give you an overview of how much it costs to make an app.
There are always some factors or specifics that are hard to predict, so whenever making your software requirement document include as much info as you can. This will help you to get a more precise estimate, better quality, and meet all your expectations.